It always surprises me how the first month of a baby's life goes by so much faster than the last month of pregnancy.
I have learned that I can't take a shower without expecting something to be broken or in some way vandalized. I can expect to make dinner with at least 3 of the 4 crying or pulling on my legs. I have to change my clothes almost as much as the new born (spitting up and peeing on me). If I need to "run" to target for diapers plan on blocking out the afternoon (tantrums, returning to the car for time-out, losing keys, etc.).
I am however surprised at how well I'm doing with 2 hour sleep increments. Don't get me wrong I'm tired but not miserable. There are a million quiet moments when I look at this little old man face and feel pretty lucky.
Thursday, April 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love that little face. Does he have blue eyes?
You crack me up! And you are a lucky girl, as you know. I am at work and just read an e-mail from a man who wrote he would give his life so his wife could children :( I am not "on the clock" however, fyi!
what a sweetheart... even though you are making me nervous for 4! You have such a great sense of humor about it. ahhh the life of a mother.
and this is why we are best friends. I took one look at that face and thought, he's an old man baby (a CUTE old man baby, of course!)!!! and I wanted to make a comment because I thought it would be funny but then I thought "maybe some of alie's readers will think I am a mean lady" but then I got to the bottom of it all and you had already taken care of business. I wish I could have an old man baby. As it is, Keala has started talking about how much she hates babies which made both me and justin nervous when a family with a baby sat next to us at church and the baby came over and started playing with her. Justin kept a careful eye on her to make sure she didn't say something like, "baby, I hate you!" at the end of church she whispered in my ear, "I guess babies are only a little smelly." So, it's a good thing the Lay's are adopting when the other kids are a little bit older :)
Post a Comment