Tuesday, April 24, 2012

{They Came and Went}

The boomers headed home on Sunday after a 4 week stay.  During my last month of pregnancy my husband decided to start a business which takes him away from the home 6 days a week for nearly 16 hours a day.  Well, he is home 2.3 days a week when I work but goes right back when I walk in the door.

A few months ago I started making lists of things that needed to get done around the house.  I was starting to get really stressed over the logistics of getting things done without another adult around.  So, my parents agreed to come help with the baby and stay a few extra weeks to get everything in order. 

Here is the list of things they did:
-Reorganized the kitchen cabinets
-Cleaned out the fridge and freezer
-Reorganized the garage
-Reorganized the laundry room
-Reorganized the kids rooms and closets
-Made a toddler bed
-Refinished a dresser
-Painted and patched a hole in a wall
-Decoupaged art
-Made a new bumper and bedding for the baby
-Made a car seat cover
-Made 8 "activity kits" to keep the kids busy while I feed the baby/lay around the house
-Filled the freezer with pre-made dinners and cookies
-Reorganized the pantry
-Yard work
-Helped plan out meals and shopping lists
-My Mom introduced me to Pinterest
-Cooking, cleaning, picking up and dropping off kids, watching kids, thrifting and keeping me company

I forgot to take "before" pictures but here are some after pictures.




I bet you wish they were coming to your house next.  We sure do love and miss them!

4 comments:

Brielle said...

Wow - that is a lot of stuff. It looks really great. Lucky for me, they ARE coming to my house next. HA!

jamie t. said...

Where do I sign up?

Stephanie said...

Oh, boy - you have some great, talented parents!

Rachel said...

Of course! Who wouldn't? Such great support!