Friday, March 5, 2010
{40 weeks}
Well, Monday is my actual due date but today was my "last" OB appointment. I promise I look much larger and more irritated in person. This shot is just for record keeping.
The good news is the baby is healthy, the bad news is my antibody level is raising again, which continues to pose a risk to our boy. After a long afternoon, the perinatal specialist as well as our midwife have agreed to give me until Tuesday morning to deliver. Since I'm not to keen on induction I'll be making some concoctions of my own this weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
My vote is for induction. But I'm sure your castor oil will do the trick and you won't even have to worry about it.
You look so stinkin great! I hope I look as good as you at 40 weeks. Good luck with your science experiments this week-end. Can't wait to meet baby boy Thompson!
Good luck Alie! Your in our thoughts and prayers- I hope things go as natural as they can.
The day before my daughter was born, I went and got a massage, then I came home and my husband and I rubbed the pressure points they tell you not to put pressure on until you want labor to come on. You can Google it.
She came 2 weeks before her due date! (yeah, we were anxious)
I had also been taking Evening Primrose Oil capsules for about a week as well.
I agree with you - do what you can so you won't have to be induced; however, if you are on pitocin, save yourself the pain and just get an epidural at the beginning! I was induced with #1 and wish I had just had an epidural 7 hours earlier...#2 no induction, unmedicated birth - awesome! Good luck! My midwife reminded me (in case I had to be induced) that as long as you and the baby are healthy in the end, it is a successful birth! I am praying that your concotions work, though... ;-)
Oh no...castor oil perhaps? (Bleck) Wishing you luck that he comes before any drastic measures have to be taken (ie. various self-inducing methods)... ;)
i love that sweater. I love you. I love that little hand you're holding in the picture. Happy Babying!!!
Good luck and hope all goes well.
Post a Comment