Today we decided to skip the lady's nap to see if that would make bedtime any easier. When I got home from work at 5:30 this is what I found. Apparently she made it all day until about 5:00. I'll tell you one thing though, it only took 2 tries to keep her in bed tonight. Aside from the 30 minutes of time out at Wendy's for talking back, throwing food and refusing to sit down in her chair for dinner it was a smooth evening. **

**I know, I know, Wendy's for dinner? But, when it's 106 outside and 90 inside, it just doesn't seem right to be cooking.

**I know, I know, Wendy's for dinner? But, when it's 106 outside and 90 inside, it just doesn't seem right to be cooking.
4 comments:
good call on wendy's. We've been eating out too. Way to hot to cook!
I remember going through these kind of sleeping problems with brook. She wouldn't nao but she would fall asleep at 5pm. Grrr! Good luck :)
Oh my dear girl- I feel your pain...daily! How did we get these children with such attitudes, I ask myself? Talking back and throwing food (amongst other, harder items) is my life with my darling, sweet 5-year-old. Heaven help us.
Sean skipped his nap yesterday (I tried for 2 hours to get him to sleep, but he just wasn't tired) and then went to sleep at 9:00 PM. We woke him up early at 7:00 AM for a Dr. appointment this morning and he was more than willing to take a nap at 1:00 PM today after getting up so early. On days that he sleeps in until 9:00 AM, I can guarantee that he won't want a nap. He just needs 12 hours of sleep and it doesn't matter if it is one solid block or a 10 hour night with a nap in the day. I think a lot of times it is the Mom who needs the nap time more, so we try really hard to force it. Is it really 106 in Portland? We haven't even hit 100 this year and probably won't.
Man, it is a hard transition when you're trying to give up naps! They are so cranky when you try to keep them from nodding off... And, you know what they say, "she gets her big personality from her mother!" Well, I was certainly obedient and more respectful than Maisey. I guess we can just ride out the storm... If it ends that is- like in 20 years!
Post a Comment