Monday, July 27, 2009

{Toddler angst}

Lately, I haven't wanted to blog. I have a ton of pictures I've been meaning to post but I usually get on the computer in the evening after all the women go to sleep. The problem is we are going through some 2.5 year emotional crises with our lady. She is either sleeping or mad, and I mean mad!

She used to be one of those kids that you deposit in their bed and they smile and wave as they drift to sleep. BUT, for the last 2-3 weeks bedtime has been a real hassle. Remember those super nanny episodes where the parents calmly escort their child back to bed 10, 20, 30 times until they finally stay in bed? Well that's us every night! I counted last night and it took 65 times, the first 20 she was laughing at me. It's so absolutely exhausting that we've agreed to trade off putting her to bed. So, as much as I'd like to show Grandma pictures of kids in trees and playing in ponds all I can do is give you this. Mad!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Jen said...

Oh Zak was the same way. We finally gave in and stopped making him take naps when he was 2. He started sleeping better and longer at night. He preferred to sleep 12 hours at night rather than take a nap during the day. Sean skipped his nap yesterday and slept 12 hours last night. When we finally stopped making Zak take naps during the day, he was so much easier to put to bed at night. You just have to find what works best for her and not what a book says is best.

Ninny Beth said...

oh, but that picture is priceless...may I suggest that you start crying too? sometimes, that freaks kids out and they don't know what to do...then they listen.

Suzie Knowlton said...

We'll put both ladies to bed if you will bring them here.

PSYCHMOM said...

Done, see you next weekend

GAv said...

I would sit outside Merks door. As soon as he came out I would point back into his room and continue to sit there, but I think he gave up after 40 tries each night.

I feel your pain sis...

I am good with any pictures. Thanks for posting, makes me feel like your not so far :)

Robyn said...

65 times. You have such a amazing amount of patience! You are a great Mom and you will figure this out and get a night time routine that will work for your family. Love and miss you! I'll be praying for a happy Saree for you.

Rachel said...

I'm so sorry! I always feel bad for 'those' parents until I came out of denial! Actually, we took the easy way out and she slept with us until 5... Attachment parenting all the way or passivity- maybe a little of both (certainly passiveness on Chad's part)! Anyway, we just got to stick together with the 'spririted' girls!