Monday, August 3, 2009

{wink wink}

I know this is totally going to make me sound like a jerk, but the new office assistant at my clinic job has a serious addiction to winking.
"Is there anything else I can do for you?" (wink)
"Here's your schedule." (wink)
"There's a phone call for you on line one" (wink)
"I'm going to lunch"(wink)

You get the idea, I have never in my life met someone who uses a wink as a period to every sentence. I've met the extended eye blinker, the eyes at half mass, the deer in the headlights, the Kathie Lee Gifford extended blink wink, and the avert your eyes to avoid primal confrontation. But, this new form of oratory punctuation as a finale to every mundane sentence is all new to me.
Photobucket

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sounds like a Seinfeld episode. Funny thing is, I'll bet everyone who reads your post won't be able to help but wink once or twice after reading it just to check their winking skills. :)

Adrianna said...

Totally Seinfeld- the Superfluous Winker!
And does anyone else think that that winking Superman picture looks like Tovey's profile picture?

jamie t. said...

Winkers make me nervous!

JonJon said...

There's a lady in my step class who has that problem but we don't speak so it's whenever we happen to make eye contact. It's especially awkward when our eyes meet as she's doing an inner thigh kick...

Serenity Rachel said...

I totally thought the picture looked like Tovey, too! I remember experiencing the extended eye blinker with you at the white house...ahh the memories. Your just going to have to try to look away before she finishes her sentences so you don't see it. Otherwise its going to drive you crazy! Have fun with that :-)

Rachel said...

Too funny- and corny!

Anonymous said...

There will be a lot of people winking at you now. Wink... wink... Don't know that I can look at Tovey without thinking of that picture.

Nita said...

Maybe she just learned how to wink and was so excited that she had to do it all day long, lol! You're great Talie! Love you chica!

Robyn said...

I've never witnessed a winking addiction.

LC said...

Natalie Knowlton! Its me Lynnesa Estiva, I saw Gavin post a comment on Becky Mann's facebook page and had to ask about you ,he sent me this link to your page. Your family is beautiful!

Nice to see you online! I am on facebook, you can see me on Becky's page.