Wednesday, April 8, 2009
{Dinner}
Before I had kids I just knew I'd be that mom who fed her children organic fruits and vegetables, homemade wheat bread and dehydrated fruit leather for dessert. I used to shop at Whole Foods and Trader Joe's, for a few years I was even a vegan! Now, some 3 years later this is what you see at dinner; The lady loaded up on a single serving of Mac & Cheese with a day old soda from Wendy's.
The baby watching me as I bake cookies and snack on M&M's
My refrigerator which used to be full of healthy things, is now stocked with diet beverages and string cheese. I guess I thought when I had kids I would magically love cooking, and the eating healthy thing I already had down. I'm learning that kids don't like tofu chicken bakes and sometimes cookies and cheese noodles seem like the right thing for dinner.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Yeah, we have mac and cheese probably 3 times a week sometimes. That's sure a cute picture of Tia.
I LOVE mac'n'cheese - that's always a great option! Your girls are so cute!
I so get you! I was vegetarian and totally healthy before kids. It is so hard to cook the same when you have picky eaters in the house. I have also found that the more kids you have, the harder it is to please everyone! I have dreams of going back to my healthy lifestyle one day. How brave of you to confess like that.
The fries at Red Robin are bottomless and delicious. You should have gotten a to-go bucket with some campfire sauce for dipping to feed your kids. They would have gone nicely with the day old Wendy's soda.
If you just think of it from Saree's perspective- Jackpot, she's hit liquid gold!! I've heard from a few of mine, after making a dish of homemade mac-n-cheese, "Couldn't we just have the kind from the box, Mom?" So sometimes you don't win with making it either.
The girl's expressions are "priceless". I enjoy reading your blog. :)
I'm right there with you! We vowed to not give Hayden any "sugary" treats...that lasted about 4 months before we gave him some frozen yogurt...and then ice cream...and now chocolate Easter candy:) We all have great intentions - LOL!
How brave of you to confess! I was sure I was going to have lacto-ovo-vegetarians, I ground my own grains for cereal and bought only from Wild Oats, it lasted about a year. My most recent endeavor failed miserably as well, on January 1st of this year I had our cable, internet, and phones all turned off...determined to go one year without. Alas I am typing now so you see I gave up on that too.
Post a Comment