***Happy Easter***
Sunday, April 12, 2009
{Easter in the country}
We decided to leave the city and head out to my brothers house for Easter. They have a big house on top of a hill that has one of the best views you'll ever see.
We started the day with some dying of the Easter eggs, which is always a classic. Especially when your toddler does the dying on someone elses' kitchen table.
This is a picture of family scripture reading from my angle on the floor, not unlike my childhood memories.
Sunday morning we went to church, as you can see the baby slept great the night before. The lady got up at 4:00am and wandered around waking up everyone in the house.
After church we went outside to look for Easter eggs. 
The lady spent way too much time examining her eggs and asking me why we were looking for dirty eggs in the grass? It was sprinking a little rain, so she interepred this as a "dirty egg" and wouldn't put them in her bucket until each one was properly cleaned off.

Afterwards we came in the house to see what was inside the eggs, "Honay.....wookita, tweets inside".
Thaynan was pretty excited that he got the lady to fall asleep, which was an Easter miracle. Thank you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Love the matchy-match dresses! Love that Sari wants her eggs to be "clean"! And love the sweet little, sleeping baby!
Happy Easter... Sounds like you had a blast!
I also couldn't help but notice you are wearing your boots over your pants... Hmmm :)
I'm sure the K-1's were glad to have little kids around to justify these Easter activities. It's hard growing up and admitting that you are too old to color and hide eggs. How fun!
He looks like my Dad (thinner of course)....wow.
LOVE THE BOOTS! I am always so jealous of your coolness. Where do you think I can get myself some boots like that? I'd rock em everyday:) MAN, I REALLY DIG THOSE BOOTS!!!
Wish, wish, wish we could have been there for the weekend too!!!! What fun. For dirty eggs in the yard, I'm with Saree. What a cute family shot!
Post a Comment