Thursday, December 4, 2008

{No more Freezing toes}

There is nothing more sad than a girl who can't remember to pull her blanket on during the chill of the night. My poor little lady wakes up every morning with freezing toes, despite my efforts to put her blanket on at night. So, during my free time (A.K.A. the mandated 2 hour nap), I cut her blanket up to make something more useful.I used one of her dresses as a reference, then cut the pattern out making sure to cut an extra bit of fabric for around the neck and arms.Next, I sewed the "arm part" and "collar part" (clearly I'm a novice seamstress because I don't even know what the proper names are).Then, I sewed the button holes in place. I would have used a zipper in the back but since I didn't have a zipper handy I figured this would work.That's it, you just sew around and turn it inside out. It took about 45 minutes start to finish. Oh and I did add a little brown Poppy to give it the style that the lady requires. Hopefully she'll keep warm tonight.

10 comments:

Brielle said...

That is so cool. You made it look so easy!

Adrianna said...

Dude! Why did I never think to make my own Sleepsack?! They are like $20!! And you just made that for nothing! I love you Alie...

Rachel said...

That is the cutest sleep sack I ever saw- for sure! Will you please teach me how to make button holes?

Neu... said...

WOW - props to you Miss Balie!

I have a sewing machine yet I haven't used it since college! Sad... hopefully someday you can teach me how to be more proficient --- Your 45 minute sleep sack would have taken me MUCH longer nowadays :)

Who needs technical terms anyway?

Malia said...

This also will probably have the benefit of not only keeping her toes warm, but keeping them a little more stationary. It is very difficult to run/climb in one of those...not that I would know personally. ;)

Wanderingfamilies said...

Super impressive! I need to do that instead of buying one...if only I had a sewing machine...

stacey said...

You are brilliant!

jamie t. said...

you make it look so easy!

Jen said...

Saree does not look very happy about her new sleep sack. She must be thinking about all of the things she can't do with it on. Very cute and creative!

Andy said...

Very nice Alie!