Dear Old Navy-
Can we talk? It's just that things aren't really working for us like they used to. I know, I know, we were together yesterday, but I'm afraid that was our last. I'm just tired of being frustrated whenever we're together. I hate that historically I wear a size medium shirt but when I'm with you it's all wrong. You cling to hidden chub and seem to highlight all my wobbley parts. I hate that when I wash you, you fall apart on me. I know you think you're like your cooler brother Banana Republic but you just aren't....
Of course, I will always hold a place in my heart for your festive 4th of July tee's and your cheap Christmas pajamas. In the future I may frequent your children's clearance attire. However, the thing between you and me, I'm afraid it's over. One more thing and I hope you don't take this the wrong way but, it's not me it's you....
-Psychmom
9 comments:
I'd like to add that their jeans always look so stunning on me in the dressing room and then somehow when I put them on the next day they are all sags and frumps. I do love the clearance kids section though.
The kids clearance clothes always end up with holes in the knee because they aren't made well.
Yes, I too, have learned the hard way that Old Navy clothes run small. My 3 year old has already grown out of the 4T shirts that I bought intending for next year. I've not been a huge Old Navy shopper, but I have noticed some quality issues with a few things. But, that being said, people sure do love Old Navy.
LOL! Agreed with the clothes... I tried on 2 different colors of the same style pant and low and behold had to also get a different size for one to fit like the other... Can NEVER count on the sizes at Old Navy... must alway try on!
Although last season I was able to find a really cute pair of shoes that mind you have not fallen apart yet, are super cute and were on Sale!!!
Old Navy and I broke up a couple of years ago. I kept trying to fool myself into believing that Old Navy was good for me because Old Navy has some cool siblings but wasn't as high maintenance. Then I realized you get what you pay for and that their manjeans just look bad.
*sigh* Old Navy and I broke up a while ago when I realized many of the same things: overpriced cheap clothes (if that makes sense) and the shirts were always too short on my (not abnormally) long torso, the pants too short or too long... I think my taste has become more sophisticated too, because I just don't love their styles anymore. There was just no chemistry between us.
It's getting real old... Old Navy has just broken too many hearts. You see, we've been on again off again for three or so years. Sure we ocassionally run into eachother (like yesterday when I had to spend a coupon on Chad's light weight wool coat for his b-day), but I'm so weary I even have to a background check online before I waste my time to reconnect every six or so months. Some things change, and others never do... Which is why I will forever be a loyal GAP girl- we go way back.
I don't shop at Old Navy, so I can't contribute to the banter, however I had to comment because I loved reading it. I needed a good laugh and so I thank you.
Old Navy clothes are great for layering. I have tons of shirts that I mix and match with each other. Now that I think about it, I never wear just one because of all the reasons you mentioned. I also love your use of the word, "wobbley."
Funny post, thanks for the laugh!
Post a Comment