Thursday, November 20, 2008

{The aftermath}

This is us at McGrath's, our favorite restaurant in the world. We got all kinds of great seafood and even ordered the mile high mud pie! Over dinner my husband told me he wanted to buy me a present, anything I wanted (fully knowing that I'm the one in the relationship who hates spending money).
Frugal or not I'm no dummy, when someone is offering a present you should probably oblige them. So, I told him about these awesome earrings I saw on Etsy.So, last night I was totally planning on ordering these first thing in the morning. BUT, this morning was no Etsy ordering day. The baby woke up at 5:00am and would not go back to sleep despite my efforts.
I rocked, I pacified, I nursed, I changed her diaper, I swaddled, I un-swaddled, I sang, I hummed, I bathed, just a whole lot of crying.....
Meanwhile the older child (who's name shall be withheld) decided to take advantage of her preoccupied mother and emptied an entire bag of makeup in the toilet! "by-ee, by-ee, may-up, see ya".
Needless to say there will be no jewels ordered today...
~before you have any thoughts of altruism, those earrings are already sold :(

4 comments:

Rachel said...

So, you get make-up for your anniversary, not earrings. I would say "at least it's not your cell or something but then again, that probably has insurance! Sorry about that! I have heard, "once a toilet lover, always a toilet lover!" It can take some time to break the fascination but I will try not to be such a narssist and hope she never does that again.

jamie t. said...

Glad you were able to get out to your favorite place! So sorry about the pottty incident! Those earrings are really cute. Tomorrow's a new day... :)

Pinkie and Family said...

what a bummer. your makeup always looks great! that's a plus. the earrings are a drag, but tovey will make another offer like that soon. love, a

stacey said...

Goodness..what a day. Perhaps a more lovely pair of earrings are meant to be yours so all of the distractions kept you from ordering less than you deserve..maybe?