Monday, September 22, 2008
{And then there were two}
People kept telling me that you don't really know parenthood until you have at least two kids. Having had one child I thought they were wrong, but I think I'm starting to get it now. I spend a good majority of my day reminding the lady that her baby sister is not a "doll".
The first thing in the morning we hear, "BAAAABBBYYYYY". The first thing after a nap, "Mine, BAAAABBYYYY". The other day I actually hid the bouncy chair and sleeping baby on top of the washing machine so that I could take a 5 minute shower in peace. Only because the closet, the bathroom, on top of the bed and in the baby's room had already been discovered.
Clearly the baby isn't crazy about all the attention either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That first picture just cracks me up! I love Tia's wide eyes of terror, anticipating what big Sis is going to do next. I always thought that having a girl first would have been better, because girls are so much more helpful than boys. Now I see that having a boy first who really didn't care about helping out, wasn't such a bad way to go.
Some day "the baby" will enjoy all the attention. Wow, Saree got you figured out... Maybe she will be a detective, since she's so good at finding Tia.
I love that first picture too. No more showers for you I guess.
I promise it will get better. I remember those days of never being able to enjoy a shower because you had to hurry so fast, also wondering if the baby was going to smoothered when you got out. I remember having to put Brook ouside the shower so I could keep an eye on her. Good luck
Wow... when you told me Saree thinks Tia is like her doll I now see what you mean... too bad Tia isn't plastic as Saree just has her laying on her lap and would drag her by her arm if she could! Miss you girls...
Tia looks terrified in the first photo! It was good to run into you last week!
Tia really looks like a babydoll in that first photo - so cute!
Post a Comment