This time I went to the appointment alone, I paid no attention to nursing or napping, so as a result I ended up breast feeding while filling out paperwork at the desk. I paid no attention to my naked screaming newborn (who's gained a pound and a half since birth I might add) and I calmly allowed the nurse to steal blood from my baby, all the while feeling happy to be out with my newest girl!
Friday, September 19, 2008
{Two week check up}
I'm consistently amazed at how much easier it is to be a Mom the second time around. The first time I took the lady in to see the Dr. I had to have Tovey with me, I had to perfectly time nursing and napping. When they undressed her to weigh her we both tried to block any sort of office draft. When they gave her a shot we both cried.
This time I went to the appointment alone, I paid no attention to nursing or napping, so as a result I ended up breast feeding while filling out paperwork at the desk. I paid no attention to my naked screaming newborn (who's gained a pound and a half since birth I might add) and I calmly allowed the nurse to steal blood from my baby, all the while feeling happy to be out with my newest girl!
*Where was the lady? Yeah, well I'm still a newby so when my visiting teacher asked me if I needed anything I said "yes please".
This time I went to the appointment alone, I paid no attention to nursing or napping, so as a result I ended up breast feeding while filling out paperwork at the desk. I paid no attention to my naked screaming newborn (who's gained a pound and a half since birth I might add) and I calmly allowed the nurse to steal blood from my baby, all the while feeling happy to be out with my newest girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So smart to just take the one. I had to learn that lesson a few times before I remembered for the next Dr. visit. She's such a cutie!
She is cute, Talie-whaker! With my 1st I was like you with your 2nd. Now I practically neglect my children (just kidding)! But seriously, I don't take them to the doctor anymore (apart from those, I fell off the bench at McDonalds and am bleeding profusely and really need stitches times). Those well child visits are really just for immunizing and since I've decided to not do that there's really no point. You seem happy! Congrats.
That little girl is so cute Alie. You sound like a well-seasoned Mom! I remember nursing Gavan in the car while I was driving to pick up rprimary children (when Pri. was in the middle of the week at 4:00pm every Wed.) and put my make-up (mascara) to boot. Oh how did my children live to be adults? I will never know.....SisterMom
I am still just as uptight with Sean as I was with Zak. I closely monitor nap and feeding time and don't schedule anything that would conflict with either. I also haven't immunized Sean yet, but I still wanted to cry when the nurse took blood.
Post a Comment