She checked things out and reassured me that our girl will not be here any time soon. Apparently, I'm one of those people who "cooks" their babies longer.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
{Practice}
Yesterday was what should have been my last OB visit before the baby comes. After waiting in the exam room for over 45 minutes, half naked with a caged toddler and a handful of blown up latex-free surgical gloves, the midwife finally arrived.
She checked things out and reassured me that our girl will not be here any time soon. Apparently, I'm one of those people who "cooks" their babies longer.
To lift the lady's spirit I decided to get out the old car seat and play, "let's pretend we have a new born and we're all going to Target". (Mind you, she pretty much has no clue that I'm even pregnant). It took some time but I think we figured it out!
She checked things out and reassured me that our girl will not be here any time soon. Apparently, I'm one of those people who "cooks" their babies longer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Brielle told me that you used castor oil with your first...which was the last thing I had to try to get my labor going...all I can say is, "I HATE CASTOR OIL!" it only gave me diarrhea, no induction. You are a TOUGH lady! Will you try the castor oil trick this time around?!
I love Saree's clothes. I wish you would buy my clothes.
Yeah, I know since you are a nurse you are probably already trying out all the "natural" and sometimes fun methods of induction but are you going to dink castor oil! My friend did it with all 5 of her labors. Needless to say, she was clean and ready to have her babes (if you know what I mean)! Good luck and hey, maybe you will share your birthday with her!
I can't wait for lady number 2! I love the text message that says 'i'm not in labor, just...'
So you ask about my friend "castor oil"... I don't intend on drinking that unless I make it into the 2 weeks over zone again.
For me it really wasn't that bad. I drank it in the morning and had about 3 or 4 trips to the bathroom then I was in labor.
You know, I've heard about these new dolls that are supposed to look and move like a real baby. Adults who wish they had a baby of their own buy them and take them places. I find that creepy. At least you have a toddler that you can use as your reason for "pretending". Hmm.
Post a Comment