Then we mounted it to the wall. The whole thing cost around $20.00, where the one on the Internet cost $180.00. See, don't I have a clever husband!
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
{The mobile}
Truth be known, anything truly clever produced from this house is most likely done by Tovey. I wanted to cut the mobile pieces out of colored card board. He went to the hardware store and bought wood.
Then he sprayed them with satin finish indoor wood paint.
Then he had me sand them and re-painted them two more times.
Then we strung the shapes on fishing wire with little knots holding their place. I bought a silver curtain rod and strung the wire around it. Tovey suggested we remove the wire, return the rod and buy a wooden dowel (which I did). Then we sprayed it and he drilled tiny evenly measured holes and attached the wire so the strings were covered in the dowel.
Then we mounted it to the wall. The whole thing cost around $20.00, where the one on the Internet cost $180.00. See, don't I have a clever husband!
Then we mounted it to the wall. The whole thing cost around $20.00, where the one on the Internet cost $180.00. See, don't I have a clever husband!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Very clever - I would have done colored card board too Alie. I really like how it turned out!
Post a Comment