Wednesday, September 26, 2007

{Stray cats}

So, at first we thought it was really cool to have neighbor friends. Someone to help with the yard, the garden, someone to share a batch of cookies with, someone to just hang out with on a warm summer day. Well, it gets old really fast! Now our "friends" come over every single day, several times a day. Saree and I are starting to dread 2:45 when the kids come a running. Oh, but it gets worse. They meet us at the car every, I mean every time we come or go. "What did you buy at Target? oh did you get pizza? can I have some? where were you last night? how come you forgot to water the plants this morning?" On Saturday they rang our door bell 27 times! To quote my sister when she was just 7 years old, "friends are like pets, give 'em a little and they just keep coming back."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so hilarious Alie. Be nice to them. Pretend they are your primary class, or maybe potential investigators (GQ them!)Oh, this site is still very hard to make comments on.Mom

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I just made the above comment and your site took it easily. Thanks for fixing it.M

Maren said...

soooooo funny! Its like BYU boys if you feed them they just keep coming back!

Anonymous said...

This is what happens when you buy the new Halo 3. Everybody in the neighborhood wants to come over and play it.

Do you have enough controllers for all of them?

Jen said...

I used to have this same problem. Wait until Saree is old enough to have friends. We used to come home and find a kid in our front yard just waiting for us. We have a swing on our huge tree in the front, so you can imagine the attraction. Kids from all over the neighborhood used to hang out in our front yard all the time, even if Zak and Maddie were not home. If we were ever working in the yard, they would come and have long conversations with us.
This had to stop after Sean was born, because my bedroom window is in the front. One day when Sean was only a week or two old, we were taking a nice needed nap, only to be woken up by some neighborhood kids playing in our front yard (Zak and Maddie were inside being quiet for me). I was upset at being woken up and went outside. I told them not to play in my front yard.
I think they are afraid of me now, because I haven't seen them in my yard ever since. I like being the mean lady on the block that all the kids are afraid of. It is much quieter than being the sweet and caring one.