Monday, October 1, 2007

{The smell of fall}


One of my favorite things about fall are pumpkin spice candles. Umm. I absolutely love having a candle burning in my house, it makes it seem so cozy and smells so good. If I worked full time I would totally buy a candle for EVERY season.

6 comments:

Maren said...

those are my favorite too!

Brielle said...

we have a really good one from Roberts...but John says it makes him sick. Luckily he's gone most the time.

Ninny Beth said...

I love how buying a candle for each season requires a full time job. hahahahahahaha! I love you niptucky!

Anonymous said...

One time I had a special scented candle in each room of my house and then my house burned down.

I just want to remind everybody about the importance of proper candle safety.

1.NEVER LEAVE A BURNING CANDLE UNATTENDED
2.NEVER PLACE A BURNING CANDLE NEAR SOMETHING THAT CAN CATCH FIRE
3.KEEP BURNING CANDLES OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN OR PETS

Some additional tips that will help you use and enjoy candles safely are:

*Keep candles away from drafts and vents

*Trim wicks to ¼" prior to each use

*Normally don’t burn candles more than four hours at a time

*Extinguish taper or pillar candles when they get within 2" of their holders

*Always use containers that have been made for candle usage

*Discontinue use of a container candle when ½" of wax remains

*Keep matches, wick trimmings and foreign objects out of the candle wax

For more information see:
http://www.candle-safety.org/

PSYCHMOM said...

Thank you "Cousin of John" for the helpful reminders on candle safety. I'm sure that my readers (all 6 of them) will find the information helpful.

ninny-thank you for acknowledging the need to work full time for seasonal candle purchasig. You're the only one that caught that, and that is why we are friends.

Anonymous said...

By the looks of your pictures, you kids have done some great things with that house:) Those candles look beautiful!

If anyone needs some realty help:

http://www.cbseal.com/agentdetail.aspx?ic=19389