School has been in now for almost two months. At first Saree was really excited to go, this wore off after about a week. She likes school but doesn't like turing the ipad off and getting dressed and getting out the door by 7:40. I've started to volunteer every other Thursday so I can see what's going on. I want to see how she acts when she isn't at home as well as be involved in the school my kids will be attending. I wasn't that surprised to see the teacher ask her several times to put things away and join the class. Overall, she acts pretty much like all the other Kindergarteners.
Yesterday she came home with a scowl on her face. The bus driver mentioned that she wouldn't sit down and told him she was "bored". Then later that day I got an email from her teacher telling us she was not listening and HIT ANOTHER CHILD. Tovey and I gave her a long talk about listening and being respectful. She said the boy got in her face so she swatted him, next thing she knows the kid is yelling. "Teacher Saree hit me". I'm sure it wasn't a big deal but we really wanted to drive it home, that that kind of behavior will not be tollerated. I'm sure this is minor compaired to what we have ahead. It's just so frustrating to see her acting out. I was banking on the "kids are always better for other people" card.

No comments:
Post a Comment