Tuesday, April 13, 2010

{Unknown etiology}

You know when you see a baby crying hysterically and you can just tell their not in the arms of their mother? You may wonder where the mother is, because surely they would stop crying with her familiar voice, smell and know how. Well, don't be surprised when you see me pacing around the neighborhood with blood shot eyes and a wailing newborn. We've got a mad baby over here. I don't think he's colic but he does require a lot of patience. My last baby was almost too easy, she was like one of those dolls that closes her eyes when horizontal and opens them when vertical.
We went to the Pediatrician today who ruled out toxic breast milk and acid reflux. Today we're trying to burp more and use gas-x. Let's see what tomorrow brings.

9 comments:

Gemia said...

send tovy over to new seasons and get "grip water" don't know what it is and honestly I didn't really care cause it worked for Ansley and Miranda like an on off switch. Missed ya at dance today.

Michelle Rowe said...

Gripe Water worked for Eli too. They also have it at Wallgreens!

Michelle Rowe said...

I hit enter before I was done. It's all natural anise and chamomile extract I think. It's FDA approved, and is about $12. A little pricey, but well worth it. It treats gas, colic and GI discomfort.

PSYCHMOM said...

Dang it, tried it and it didn't work for him! We used it with the lady and it worked well for her but no such luck with this guy.

jamie t. said...

I'm so sorry! I wish I had some fantastic advice. I'm glad its not your milk or reflux. It is the worst though not to know what is the culprit.

Brielle said...

At least your wearing a cute shirt.

Rachel said...

Sounds like Maisey! Well, she had to be nursing or sleeping with us when she wasn't, or else she wouldn't sleep at all and all she would do is cry! As if your patience level isn't already tested enough... I will tell Chad that's why you were out for a walk the other day.

Erin said...

You need to try Gripe water (as some people have already mentioned here). Seriously.

Erin said...

oops. failed to read all the comments.