Saturday, November 21, 2009

{Hello 6 months}

......and hello heartburn! I'm by no means a hater of pregnancy but having heartburn every day is so annoying. This burning feeling in your throat that starts every day around 3:00pm and lasts until you're asleep. UGH! To make it worse it seems like the only thing to quiet the burn is either a pumpkin milk shake or egg nog (not low fat and not soy milk). This could potentially lead to "big" problems, and my secret fit belly jeans are not helping either.
*For the curious: The RhE titers have remained within the low range after every blood draw. Although they warn us that this doesn't necessarily indicate we're out of the woods, it's definitely a good sign.

8 comments:

Jen said...

My dad's secret to not having heart burn is not eating after 2:00 pm. Probably not a good idea if your pregnant though. Hang in there.

Adrianna said...

Wow, you make pregnancy look GOOD! I wish I could've talked with you tonight. Movies really aren't the best for girl talk... :) I know you like to stay home, but you should come to a girls' night next time - I miss talking to you.

Michelle Rowe said...

I too had a milk shake problem during my pregnancy with Eli. It was better with Lilly when we didn't live so close to Sonic Burger. Mmmmmm Chocolate Cream Pie Milkshake!!!

Wanderingfamilies said...

Love that your girls are twinners in the pic! You are so tiny for 6 months! Heartburn is no fun, sorry! Milkshakes are yummy...live it up!

Rachel said...

I'm with Adrianna and I wish you hung out more! It's a good thing I have toher friends because I was starting to think something was wrong with me! I'm glad everything is going well the little man!

PSYCHMOM said...

Ladies, ladies, lest my readers (all 8 of them) think me a social piranha, I must defend my position. I do leave the house, it's just that I usually end up in a Psychiatric facility for 8 hours when I do. Besides I will forever be a "come along friend", willing to come along but rarely the organizer.

Adrianna said...

Do you mean pariah? ;) Well, good, if you'll show up if we throw something then you're in.

PSYCHMOM said...

Pariah= term used for someone considered as isolated, an outcast, or different by others

pirahna= a somewhat negative term for a person who is socially retarded (not literally), awkward and an outsider in everyday social situations; a pun on 'social pariah'.

--Besides it's cooler to be likened to a south american meat eating fish... :)