So, the parents have been here for over three weeks now. My mom was certain that after raising 6 children she could get this lady to do her business in the potty. Well, I'll spare you the details but last night my parents came home from a 4 hour trip to Borders with a handful of books like, "how to raise a willful child" and "managing a spirited toddler". Since they've been out of the country for the last 2 years they haven't had a chance to fully appreciate "the dragon lady" as we lovingly call her.

As for me, I'm loving the extra help. This morning I went to the fabric store to get material to make new pillows for the couch and found a bunch of cool fall decorations. This is the best time of year...
5 comments:
I agree that I love this time of year too. I'm sorry about the potty training. Brooklyn was a nightmare too. I think it too us 6 months to do it! I feel your pain.
What a cute lady she is. Good luck with the potty training!
I know we own a couple books that were written for/about the strong willed child - or spirited as some like to say! Good luck with the potty training... Maisey was under 2, BUT, she didn't know how excited we were or she wouldn't have done it! I'm glad you have extra hands!
muhahahahahaha! You totally got what you deserved nippy! She'll do you right in the end and provide you will lots and lots of brilliant stories. xoxoxoxox
You've probably had tons of advice, but here's something to try: bribery. With Tori I gave her 2 m&ms everytime she sat on the potty, it didn't take long she was actually peeing in it. With Tyler I made a sticker chart and he got one sticker for pee and 2 for poo. Boy was he excited to use the potty. What is it that the lady LOVES? Another question is - what do you term "potty trained". It is pretty normal for a day or two without accidents and then another one where they wet their pants almost all day long, or so it seems. I term "potty trained" as being able to notice most of the time that they have to pee. If you don't have the thick underpants from Gerber you should invest in a couple of packs of those too. Keeps the pee out of the shoes. lol Another tip is to let her spend some time with some kids her age who are potty trained. The examples of older kids do wonders!! I was pretty lax with Tyler's potty training - he turns 3 in Nov., but he's been trained for about a month now and it didn't take more than a week or so, because he wanted to use the potty. Don't sweat it and don't make it into a nightmare. I put a limit on the changes each day too - for my own sanity. I gave him one shot each day, and after that he got a pull-up, but we still did the reminding etc. Hope something here is inspiring to you and maybe something new.
Post a Comment