Thursday, February 19, 2009

{Our new way}

It's never good news when the breadwinner of the house gets laid off. There goes a steady pay check and the medical benefits. However, I will say that having someone to hang out with all day is super cool. I can now run to Target alone at 10:00am, do visiting teaching without having my toddler run away, take a shower anytime I want, I even have someone to grocery shop with.

7 comments:

Hey, It's Ansley said...

So sorry! Glad you can see some of the bright spots but I hope that soon you can't shower anymore.

Jen said...

That last picture is adorable!!! I love sleeping baby pictures. Maybe you could start working full time and let Tovey be Mr. Mom for a while (I am chuckling at all of the images in my head of Tovey grocery shopping with the girls, and trying to get his shower in during the day). I am glad that you can look at the positive, it is a hard thing to go through (We have done it twice now).

Quinn said...

Hi Talie, since none of the blog people that I normally read have posted in weeks (literally), I have found a need to branch out. So I linked to you from Robyn's blog. It is fun to see and hear about you and your family! I am soo sorry to hear about the lay off. Keep the smile on your face and lots of faith. Love, Quinn

Robyn said...

Sorry to hear about the lay-off too. I'm glad you are all doing well and that you are finding a way to roll with it. It will change but how nice that you 3 ladies can enjoy more of his company for now.

Malia said...

That is likely the healthiest attitude toward unemployment I have ever hear. Congratulations!

The Taylors said...

Oh man, This economy is in the pooper! Let us all know when he finds something. We'll keep you in our thoughts!

Katydid said...

Hey, this is late. But we have been laid off twice and we can look back with a smile both times. We learned good stuff. Keep up the happy attitude.