Thursday, January 22, 2009

{Round one}

Exhibit one:

Exhibit two:

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

There's no shame in backing off of the potty training. But, I did find it harder for ME to try again knowing what torture the first attempt was. It will happen, don't worry. And, don't look at other kids her age (or younger) and feel obligated or inferior because your kid isn't trained. I gave up on that "got to be like other moms" thinking after about kid #2. Would have saved me a bunch of stress if I would have ditched it with kid #1. I completely feel for you - hang in there.

Stephanie said...

Oh, cute sweater, too. I should start a "Potty Fund" with kid #4 who doesn't want to poop in the potty, even though he's been "potty trained" for 6 months. He doesn't care about rewards/incentives, so maybe I should be giving myself one for cleaning up his messes.

Malia said...

Though the lady is decidedly NOT a boy...perhaps this little bit of advice will apply.

My aunt, who raised 8 boys, was often asked how to potty train 3-year old boys. Her reply, "Wait 'til they're four!"

Good luck when the time is right.

Anonymous said...

Alie, Goldendale air is great for potty training. So's our water. Just drop the lady off (or ladies, which is what we would prefer) for a while and we'll take care of it. And if we don't, at least you will have a little break!

Rachel said...

Oh man... I haven't blogged for 2 weeks and I was hoping when I got on tonight you would have news that Saree is potty trained... Well, good for you on your determination- BUT, if she's got her momma's perserverance, it may awhile longer, ey?