Tuesday, October 14, 2008

{Officially back to work}

Well, if working one afternoon at the clinic and one weekend night at the hospital constitutes "back to work". Being a full-time home mom is by far the hardest thing I've ever done in my entire life!
My Mom and Dad can attest to this, as I've called them in CANADA, on their MISSION in full blown tears over some crazy thing the lady just did. Be it smearing poop all over her crib or running away from home, only to be located by the city police department. I'm just trying to figure this whole "raising" children thing out.
Anyway, it's such a paradox to have my office phone ring while a medical assistant escorts my next patient back, in one minute. Then another minute, I'm huddled in the corner with my breast pump on hoping no one can hear my milking machine, and singing to the lady on the cell phone.
As much as I like working, I've always believed that the most important place a mother can be is at home. Tovey and I both believe that if you put your family first, things will always work out. It's been almost like magic how our employers have been able to work with our schedules so that I can stay home and pretend I know how to cook,

and time to find new places to hide my newborn.

5 comments:

Neu... said...

Funny you posted this blog... Trevor and I were talking about that last night how much more work it is to be a Mom 24/7 and yet how rewarding it must be than your typical "day at the office" where ever that may be!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Tell me about it. We have even gone as far as seeing a family psychologist. I used to lock myself in my room crying and have to call Ryan to come home from work.
I haven't done that since seeing the psychologist, because I understand Zak a little more.

Pinkie and Family said...

as the decision to have a second looms before me i constantly think of you... i see you as patient, kind, creative and a wonderful mum. thanks for letting me visit yesterday. love, ashley

Rachel said...

Chad and I believe the same... If you put your family first (and your faith), the rest will follow. With that being said, some things are still what they are (like the fact that I have to work-unless we want to live on minimum wage) but at least I have peace. For 5 whole years school, childcare (not having to resort to any) and work have always worked in an amazing fashion and things just fall into place. I know that we are blessed and I don't expect any different this year.

With parenting, you learn as you go. There isn't a manual and two kids are never the same, heck two parents aren't the same. It all works out.

Serenity Rachel said...

Tal, Sounds like everything is going so well for you guys. That dinner looks super yummy. Better than the plain baked apples and yams I remember from the white house days. Can I have some?