Thursday, September 4, 2008

{We're Home}

We're home! The Castor oil did its magic in more than one way (if you know what I mean). I started feeling contractions around 6:30 pm and made a bunch of phone calls for reinforcements. Rachel brought over cookies, Caitlyn and Tannis came over to watch the lady and walk the neighborhood with me. Then, around 8:30 pm I was starting to think we should head to the hospital, we got there and settled into our room by 9:30 pm.

See how happy I am after getting an I.V. and having contractions every minute. By 11:30 pm and after five minutes of pushing we had our little Tia, weighing 8 lbs 5 oz and 20 inches long. It was a great experience thanks to my friend the epidural. But, mostly thanks to my husband who is the perfect birthing coach. He knows exactly what to say and do to make me feel calm.Big sister is obsessed with what she thinks is "her" baby. She loves to hug and kiss and point out all of her features, "eyes" and "toes" and "ears".
We had to stay 48 hours, then finally got to go home!

17 comments:

Brielle said...

I'm so glad you FINALLY put up pictures. I love the one of Saree and Tia. Saree suddenly looks really old.

Malia said...

Tia is beautiful! I am so happy for all of the Thompsons.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Alie! She is so beautiful. Two girls is so fun! You all look great. Congrats!

Stephanie said...

Good work, Alie! She looks like a cutie. Now, just try to get some sleep.

Anonymous said...

She is sooooo cute! It looks like you totally got a makeover in the picture of you and Tia when she is on your chest- your skin looks so pretty. I hope you guys are settling in and I will call soon. Rachel

jamie t. said...

Yeah! We've been waiting for pictures. the whole family looks great and we can't wait to see her. Congrats!

Kristy E.B. said...

Congrats on your cute baby girl! Glad your labor went so quickly and Sari likes her!

Anonymous said...

Wahooooo! I am so glad it was quick. I love the name :)

Andy said...

She's lovely, Alie! Well done!

Adrianna said...

Way to go Alie!
I'm glad things went so well at with the labor- nice and quick! (Well, nice besides the effects of the Castor Oil libations.)
And the picture of you after the birth looks too good! ;)
Tia's a cutie and I can't wait to squeeze her pudgy cheeks.

Pinkie and Family said...

can you post a side by side of saree and tia's pictures? it is amazing how alike they look... thanks for letting me meet her last night!

Kier said...

Alie, I'm so glad that your done and looking healthy. I know how much stress that can be as you work towards the final days. And to have the baby on the outside so that you can get help is great too.

Way to go!

Maren said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful! Ypu also look beautiful in the pic with her laying on you!

Wanderingfamilies said...

Congrats! Beautiful baby!

Robyn said...

Welcome to the family Tia! You did it Alie, another adorable girl!!!! Congratulations!!! Can't wait to see her/hold her in person.

Hey, It's Ansley said...

That photo of the two of you is just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Alie, Good to know you finally had your bundle of joy. I was getting worried. I thought about you this week, went to Salt Lake City and did "the tourist thing". The Temple is so opulent! Tasted the salt flats. It was a quick trip. Bring the girls by at work sometime. You are looking good. See you soon. --Marion 1NW