Saturday, July 12, 2008

{Our Day}

-The Dad around here is out of town for the weekend, so I thought I'd let him know what we did today-

The lady woke up as usual around 6:45 a.m. We had cereal then watered the garden and the yard, because it was supposed to be a hot day I watered the lawn for 10 minutes instead of 5.

The lady had her morning tantrum over who knows what? Yes, there was self inflicted hair pulling and body bashing against the wood floors. I still don't know what her issue was.

Anyway, our friend Ashley called to invite us to the farmers market. I decided to get back at the lady by making her wear a homemade smock (the one I sewed a few weeks ago). Only fitting for the farmers market wouldn't you say?

I really wanted to buy a cowboy cookie, but the line was too long so I let the lady play in fountain across the way.

We drove home all wet, then she went down for a 3 HOUR NAP!
Verdelle called to tell me that it was customer appreciation day at Papa John's and a large Pizza was only $5.00. I was so excited! But, I ended up sounding really stupid when I called requesting my appreciatory pizza, just to find out that apparently customers are only being appreciated in Indiana today...
So after my diatribe over Papa John's, Ashley invited us for BBQ Pizza at her house. It was yummy, you really missed out!
The lady got her usual bath and books at 6:30 p.m. and fell right to sleep.I spent the rest of the evening getting sharing time ready for Primary tomorrow and wishing you were here to get me a frosty from Wendy's.

Can't wait to see you!

XOXO

Your girls

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Ok, so if it wasn't 10:45 I would go out and get you one and then show up on your door step. However, I think I might do more harm than good by showing up at this hour and scaring you by knocking on the door when you are probably already extra cautious without "The Dad" home over there. Chad said I should go buy it now and then bring it to church but it will just get all hard in the freezer and then melt on the way to church! So, next time send me on a Frosty run and I will gladly share one in your company!

Rachel said...

I forgot to mention, I love the smock! How perfect that it matches the red shoes that still fit! Was sewing it part of "domesticating" yourself? I am only referencing the domestication post...

And the yard is a beautiful green!

PSYCHMOM said...

Hey Rachel, that's funny you say that about the shoes. I think they are probably too small, I pretty much made her wear that whole outfit. Yes, I made the smock from a Martha Stewart pattern I saw online. It was way over my head. At least I finished it. It was meant for the new baby but it turned out huge!
Thanks for the frosty offer :)