Tuesday, July 1, 2008

{Bored}

OK, maybe bored isn't the right word but definitely not business as usual. Ever since I can remember I've gone to school and worked at the same time. Even when the lady was born I was managing a few online classes. But, ever since graduation and the Dad around here working full time, I've been the one at home all day, every day (well, barring Monday where I get to hold a clipboard and have patients escorted to my office).
Don't get me wrong, I've been dreaming of the day where I could guiltlessly watch Good Morning America in my pj's, then lazily shower and start my day around noon. Plus, I completely value the role of a Mom at home and would never want to change that. It's just that an 8 month pregnant 30 year-old and a 19 month old hyperactive toddler have very different ideas of how to spend the day.


What I've learned so far is that the worst part of the day is somewhere between 2:30 and 5:20p.m. I would like to relax on the coach in front of the air conditioner. Maybe read a book or look around on the Internet. Other people around here want to run around in the heat, or climb all over me, or just whine and throw themselves on the floor.

Then around 5:20, the rumbling of the black dragon comes around the corner, and all I hear is "Dadda, Dadda, Dadda". Although all the enthusiasm for Dadda is fun, this new schedule is definitely going to take some getting used to.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

One day at a time! It really does take time to adjust to being home all day. You'll find a good balance.

Anonymous said...

This is why public school was created. A place to send your kids to and not feel guilty, because they are learning, giving mom a few precious hours. This is probably also why it seems like preschool starts younger and younger. Having a little sister will be a big help in a couple of years.
I am glad that you get to work a little. I am always amazed by you and all that you have been able to accomplish.

Rachel said...

The Black Dragon- What? I didn't know Tovey had a motorcycle! It's nice to save on gas but DANGEROUS!!! You might not feel as bored if your ideas of fun included letting other people into your day!!! When you do feel like jump starting the day and forgoing Good Morning America, we are here and we would love if you accompanied us on our all too-frequent outings around town. We love your company and Saree might want to see the world before lady #2! I'm just teasing and I know everybody has different ideas of fun- but really, we aren't that bad! Next time it's warm, I'm calling you to come to a fountain with us.