Wednesday, June 4, 2008

{The Master}

It finally happened, after 4 years of undergrad, 2 years of nursing school and 2+ years of NP school I'm officially graduated! Many of you ask, "what is it that you are again". I'm a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner. "What is that?" I basically do the same job as a psychiatrist, not a psychologist mind you. So in a nutshell, I do psych evaluations, prescribe psychotropic medications etc. etc. I've been interning in a community out-patient clinic for the last few months. Hopefully I'll be working somewhere in-patient once a week in the evening, so we don't have to put our lady in day care.

Anyway, graduation day was perfect! I got tons of calls and cards, a sponsored trip to Indiana to see my sister in a week, a night out on the town sans baby and the biggest surprise ever, MY MISSIONARY MOM CAME TO VISIT! It was a total shocker to have her pull into town. Even though she was only here for a day it was awesome. I hear I have my brother's to thank for that present!

Because this is my blog I am free to post an absorbent amount of pictures of me in different regalia poses. Enjoy...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what an accomplishment Alie. I remember when you thought you'd never be accepted but you applied for this program anyway. Look at you now!! I'm so proud of you!

Dalynn said...

Congratulations!!!

Robyn said...

Way to go Alie! What a fun day!!!!

jamie t. said...

That is great! I bet it feels so great to be done. Congrats :)

Malia said...

I am soooooo happy for you Al!!! I remember helping you through stats...and the boards, so I take a little pride in this graduation. You deserve it! Now I can come to you for all my psychotropic drug needs. ;)

Maren said...

Way to go! What a great feeling I bet that is!

Anonymous said...

That gown makes a great maternity gown. Do you have to return it, or can you keep wearing it? I think you should wear it all the time, you earned it!

Congratulations from the K3s!!!

Wanderingfamilies said...

Congrats, that is quite the accomplishment! Your mom is pretty amazing to pull off a feat like showing up for a graduation DAY! Oh, and you have the tiniest little pregnant belly, I'm jealous!

Anonymous said...

OOH, you get to go visit Brielle? Does this mean you need a babysitter for Saree? If you are, might I suggest someone very reliable who would spend most of the day kissing her cheeks?

Anonymous said...

GAv-

I am sooo sooo proud of you. Sorry I missed calling you... the baby thing has screwed up my days and nights.

Love you sis!

Ninny Beth said...

woo hoo whoo hoo whooooo hoo!

you did it!

Remember how you used to study during parties? And i used to make fun of you and make you put away your book because being social is so much more important, and now you're married with 1.6 kids and have an advanced degree and a real career and I am sans husband, offspring and accolades? hmmmm...I'm bringing a book to the next party.

You're awesome!

Tamara said...

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you! What a great accomplishment!

Rachel said...

Congratulations Alie. You are so studious and to do all this while pregnant- what a woman.