Friday, January 25, 2008

{#2}

So, I'm pregnant...Don't get me wrong I'm very excited about the prospects of another baby. It's just that I'm all too aware of everything that could go wrong. With Saree I was so optimistic and hopeful. Even the vomiting three times a day and never ending tiredness was a thrill. I was always waiting to see what would happen next. It's just hard not to listen to all the stories of chromosomal abnormalities, ultra sounds with no heart beat, still births, and non-disjunction during meiosis. Honestly, I think the root of my fear comes from the miscarriage I had back in September at 10 weeks. It sort of shook me up over the delicateness of new life. I think Saree's on to it though, she keeps pointing to my belly button and laughing. I keep telling her that's where she used to live so she better not laugh too loud. Anyway, we had an appointment with our midwife this afternoon and hearing that little heart beat erased our fears and filled us with excitement.