Wednesday, October 17, 2007
{Play group}
Today me and the Nade went to our first ever play group. I was totally planning on taking pictures and live footage, but I changed my mind when I got there. Didn't want to freak the other mom's out. All in all it went well, except when a 5 year-old home schooler threw a ball at Nade's head (she didn't even cry). I did attempt to self disclose in an effort to gain interpersonal bonding. I told the other mom's about our wheels getting stolen and THEY LAUGHED. One lady said, "well that sucks but that's how it goes in those low income neighborhoods". Uh.....what did you say? Of course I was nice because I'm trying to win friends and influence people, but that's a weird thing to say. Anyway, on the way out I was talking to this same lady about how excited Nade was with her forward facing car seat. Then she grabbed my arm and said, "wait, how old is she?" I told her she'll be one in a few weeks. Then she said, "Oh no, don't you know it's 20 lbs AND 1 year." Then she laughed and said, "aren't you a nurse?"