Saturday, September 22, 2007

{Super Saturday}

So today I went to my first ever SUPER SATURDAY! I was totally excited to sew a little cape for Nade, learn how to make orange rolls and all the other super, super, saturday events. Walking into to the church gym gave me a flash back to the second grade when we moved to a new school. Lunch time was always the the dreaded part of the day...you always wondered who would take you in. I would scan the cafeteria looking for someone who looked more neady than I did. Anyway, I stood in the door way with my sewing machine and noticed that all the tables were taken up with domestic Mormon women just crafting away. The only place to sit was the "materials table", with all the extra fabric and Velcro. I was trying to hurry so I could get home and make dinner before work. Long story short I sewed the shield upside down, the felt bunched up, the bobbin went on the fritz, and I sewed the wrong sides together. The ladies that joined my table were all convinced my name was Megan, so I had to hear, "Oh Megan's ripping it up with the seam ripper again". "Megan you're a pretty determined little sewer". Three hours later and I was still sitting there at my fist Super Station, working on my first and only super project..

3 comments:

Robyn said...

I guess in some way it's good that they called you Megan, people can make fun of Megan and not Alie. It's like the Elaine and Suzy problem on Seinfeld. Too funny, Alie. Sorry the super cape wasn't that super.

Brielle said...

Alie, I seriously don't care if it's upside down...Jack wants to run around with his cape on!

Ninny Beth said...

oh Megan! you'll have many more super saturdays to get it super right... after all the S on your cape stands for suburban sewer! (:)