One thing you never realize until you are pregnant, is that you are actually pregnant for 10 months. I know I look bigger in person but this is the best I could do with a camera phone in the bathroom mirror.
I would say for the most part I'm a pretty "sturdy" pregnant lady. I don't complain much, I don't really get sick, I can usually sleep fine and I don't have any weird aches or pains. It's not that I'm trying to be stoic, it's just one of those things.
However, the last month or so I start to revert. I mean, to the point where you almost forget altogether how low maintenance I once was.
One thing that drives me crazy is those ridiculous weekly OB visits. I have to drag my tired body in with 3 other small children for what feels like the same conversation we had only days prior. I try to beat the front desk people at their routine questioning. "No I have not moved since last Tuesday, No my insurance is still the same as it was on Tuesday, and Yes I will pay my OB deposit".
Then there is this desperate wave that consumes me when I see the midwife. I know enough about childbirth that "how dilated" you are, how "big you measure", "how effaced", "if the baby dropped" or just how plain tired you may look has very little to do with when the baby will be arriving. Still, I find myself literally begging the midwife for some sort of foresight on when we can wrap this whole pregnancy thing up. The anti-body E issue and gestational thrombocytopenia have added some variables, but since I'm not a fan of inducing it's pretty much up in the air.
3 comments:
Any time you want me to watch those other 3 kiddos while you go to an appointment just let me know. My kids are always on their worst behavior at the Dr office, it's something about those small exam rooms makes them like caged animals.
You look tiny girl! I can't wait to see your little guy. Those last few weeks can be so hard waiting and I agree... those waiting rooms are not kids friendly. you really should call Michelle :)
You have got to be one of the cutest pregnant ladies I've ever seen (and you KNOW I've seen some!). Tiny, indeed! Good luck, missy.
Post a Comment