Friday, January 18, 2008

{Failure to Yield}

So, it looks like I won't be making any superfluous purchases for awhile. Despite the fact that I'm a very careful and vigilant driver I made a slight error last night. This huge Ford Explorer ran right into me in the middle of a busy intersection. Luckily it was just the two of us and no one got hurt, but insurance goes up and deductibles increase, yada, yada, that's life right? It doesn't look that bad and I triaged the scene like any reasonable Knowlton would. "Just get some duck tape here and black felt tip marker there and we'll be on our way". Unfortunately the co-owner of my car says there's this "Axle" that's "off balance", forcing the car to drive a little "wobbly". So, to the repair shop it goes...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are okay and that you didn't have Saree with you. Paying a little more in insurance is no biggie compared to what could have happened.

You guys just can't catch a break between finding your car without tires and now this. Is your car new? This sort of thing always happens when you have a new car, but never with an older car that you don't care about.

Robyn said...

Doesn't the picture just say it all! I'm glad you are alright and no one was hurt. Car accidents just shake you up for a little bit.

Dalynn said...

Hey, someone ran into us today. No "wobbly" axle though.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Al, I did the same thing in my car a couple of years ago, but to the back end. I thought everything was fine till I started to drive and the car drove at an angle... :(

You get this horrible feeling in your gut.. So I feel your pain.

To ease your pain I will send you the MP3's of Anything Box (Peace, and Hope)

Just send me an email.